According to the FBI, residential burglaries account for approximately 75% of burglaries on average. Burglars can strike at any time and once they hit one house, they tend to hit a number of houses on the same street. This is why you hear about a string of robberies in neighborhoods. Your home and family are your most prized possessions and keeping them safe is your greatest responsibility. The good news is that residential security can be a few easy steps away.
The first thing you should do is get a professional security service like Kellington Protection to install a residential security system for your home. The next thing you should do is make sure that you take advantage of its protection. Some great tips for preventing residential break ins:
- Keep your outdoor lights on after dark. No one wants to be seen when they are trying to sneak around your home and property.
- Get a dog, preferably one with an intimidating bark. It is cliché, but sometimes, just knowing a big dog is on the other side of that door will deter would-be burglars.
- Park your cars in the garage. Leaving a nice car on the street for everyone to see, can cause criminals to think that you have equally nice things in your house and lead them to investigate the situation.
- Exterior security cameras are invaluable to residential security. Burglars may think twice if they see it, and if they don’t the footage captured can also lead to a burglar captured.
- If you are into high-tech security, think about an electronic lock for your home. These locks scan your fingerprints and no one else is able to get in. They are virtually unbreakable.
Don’t put yourself at risk for burglary. Call Kellington Security and ask the experts how you can keep your home and family safe and secure.